Saturday 23 April 2011

James and the Giant Peach!

I have been trying to enter some competitions recently and one of them was the Puffin Book cover competition. The children's cover was to re-create the cover for 'James and the Giant Peach' which I thought would be a great one to do because the story itself is so fun and magical.
I decided upon the idea of arranging the characters into the shape of the peach, I think trying to create the charters them self was probably the hardest part without been too influenced by either the film characters of Quentin Blake! But I managed to do them with my own style! I went for a 60's poster style for the cover with block colours and groovy lines and letters, the brief stated that typography was important so I thought the 60s theme would give it a something a little different! I was very happy with the end result I feel it will attract not only children but adults too.

Pencil roughs that I used the vector pen tool to neaten.
watercolour roughs for the lines
Finished piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment