Thursday 26 March 2015

Illustration Advice


Good Morning!

I realise recently my blogging posts have been few and far between, I’m hoping to get back on top of this! Sometimes I feel there’s no point in blogging unless I have any solid work to show, but I know that’s just my own rubbish excuse. There are so many interesting things I come across that I could blog about, and I have been working on my own little projects but I’m just not ready to share them yet....soon though.

One of my recent finds I want to share is Andy J. Miller’s blog. I think it is the most interesting and insightful blog I have found in a long time.

Andy J.Miller is an American graphic designer/illustrator who has worked for clients such as Sony, Nickelodeon, Converse and Google! He came across the pond to the UK in 2005 to complete a BA Graphic Design course at The University of Huddersfield.

Andy is now based back in Mid West America creating his amazingly colourful and fun characters for clients across the globe.

I came across his blog when I found some Creative Pep Talk Podcasts on iTunes that he makes to talk about the ups and downs of being an illustrator/designer. He is really open about the troubles he’s faced and how he’s dealt with problems like creative block.

Andy’s blog is full of useful advice, and it resonates with a wide audience. Whether you are just starting out in the design world or you are an established designer, Andy’s blog is refreshingly honest and helpful for all.


I hope you find it as useful as I have!

http://www.andy-j-miller.com/blog/


1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading about you and your illustration work. It seems that you got a lot out of your experience with StrawberryToo, would love to hear some more about it!

    ReplyDelete